Friday, April 24, 2009

Songs that change the weather

Our dear friend and ally Withiel (of whom I have previously written) has self-released a new album of surpassing, and sometimes difficult, loveliness. While Withiel is not currently affiliated with This Plague of Dreaming, I think that the deep core he samples will taste familiar to you who have followed the plaguedream this far.



Withiel - King Zeppelin
[direct download, .RAR/~20Mb]


"KZ was originally meant to be a Brit-Steampunk-Emo album, and now I'm not sure what it is. It contains 8 original songs, 1 cover, and little hope indeed. I hope you get something out of it."

TRACKS:
1: All Our Lost Loves
2: Dreamers
3: Denial Song
4: Ashtray for your Memories
5: My Way In Time
6: Shackled To Change
7: Drillbit Lostlovesong
8: Dreaming of You (cover)
9: Tory of 0

[This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK:
England & Wales License.]


On a personal note, KZ hits me in right around the same emotional place as the Wicker Man soundtrack ("corn riggs," and all that, but with a bit more vacant car park and orange sodium glare). Whatever I am doing at the moment, Withiel speaks to the part of me that is quietly preparing to do something else, in a different place.

=PD

[To be clear, this is not a TPoD release, just a promotion of a favorite artist who deserves to be more widely heard.]

No comments: